There’s only one more day to prepare for Thanksgiving! I am sure you have all of your baking done (if not, good luck to you…)- BUT, did you remember the whipped cream to top your delicious pies (or to top off your post-dinner coffee)? You’re saying, ‘Of course! Cool whip was on sale last week, so I am covered.’ But I say to you, why wouldn’t you want to dazzle your guests by making a homeade, no sugar added, liqueur infused, delicious whipped cream? It’s quick, easy, and will be sure to impress.
All you need is:
- Electric mixer
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 packets of stevia
- 1 tablespoon *your choice* liqueur
The process is a piece of cake! I mean pie…I mean, you put it ON your pie… Just keep reading.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl that will hold at least TWICE as much as is poured in. It will expand as you whip it.
- Whip the cream using an electric mixer on a medium setting (I had mine on 2 or 3, highest setting is 5).
- Keep on whipping until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Add your stevia and choice of liqueur. ~I use Bailey’s, or an off-brand Irish creme liqueur. Kahlua, or other coffee liqueurs would also be delicious.~
- Keep on whipping until you get the desired fluffiness of your whipped cream. (Could take about 10-15 minutes)
My mom told me this recipe, and I can’t get enough. You can add more or less stevia based on your taste, and if you want more liqueur taste- add a little at a time until it fits!
This is guaranteed to bring your Thanksgiving pies and your dessert coffee to the next level. Enjoy!