As winter approaches, my favorite thing to battle the chilly weather is having some hot chocolate or coffee while I wear my fuzzy socks and cuddle under a blanket with my puppy (or husband…I guess). Sometimes a hot drink needs a little something extra, and biscotti can really hit the spot. Below is a biscotti recipe that takes around an hour to complete. Happy baking!
- 1/2 cup toasted almond (slivered is best)
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 orange, zest… Fresh!
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Mix those until smooth.
- Add the orange zest and almond extract.
- Continue mixing until it’s blended well.
- Separately mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift this mixture into the wet mixture.
- Stir in desired amount of slivered almonds and cranberries.
- On a FLOURED board (dough will be very sticky), divide the dough in half and make two long rolls. See picture above to get an idea on size and shape.
- Place the rolls lengthwise onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake the rolls for 25 minutes
- Take out of the oven and keep on the cookie sheet. Let us sit/cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the rolls diagonally into ~1/2 inch thick slices. Be patient here or they may crumble.
- Lay the slices on their side on the cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn the slices onto their other side and bake another 8 minutes.
- Remove and cool the biscotti on a cooling rack.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, get to dippin’!